Sunday, January 15, 2012

Glitter



I’ve been thinking about it for a few minutes here and the best I can come up with is G-L-T-R, glitter. That’s how it should be spelled because then it would be alphabetically what it is phonetically and what it is in real life: a four letter word.

I have been reluctant to put away the big wreath we had on the front door last month. It’s pretty good sized, has lights, and, for some reason, is sprayed with glitter. With that I knew that even attempting to pick the thing up off the table, where it had been sitting for a week or so, would result in glitter fingers and glitter clothes. I knew it would result in glitter on that dining  table in July. I knew it would result in glitter on my socks…in August.

Why anyone thinks glitter is a good idea I don’t know. I would rate sending someone a glitter decorated card right up there with greasing their doorknobs or short-sheeting their bed. I would, except glitter is worse: Glitter never goes away.
Maybe, instead of registering sex offenders they should just have them dip their hands in glitter every 3 months. You’d always know who they are.

At any rate, the wreath is wrapped up and on its way to the attic. Question is, what about next year? Perhaps next year we’ll decide to hang it on our dumpster.

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you on this topic. In certain parts of Sherman Oaks, I'm known as Glitter Gal, after an unfortunate makeup mishap. They put glitter everywhere, including blush. At this stage, I'm not trying to look glittery. This obsession with glitter must be stopped.

    ReplyDelete