Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Send Button



So we're sitting here at the kitchen table having dinner the other evening. It was a beautiful evening and the conversation turned to all the foliage on the big oaks that pretty much encircle our house. And I said to Ev, "Take a good look Ev. Shortly after you start kindergarten the leaves will be turning yellow, orange, and red.  And it won't be too much longer and they'll all be gone. The trees will be bare." To which Ev says, "And then it will be December!"

He's excited about December because he remembers we set up a little electric train on the night stand next to his bed. He remembers it has a tunnel and a tree. "I'll stop the train and take a picture with my camera and push the send button to Gramma and Grampa. Does my camera have a send button? I need a send button so I can send my picture to people."

A "send button." At 5 years and 2 months I really, truly cannot imagine what he will be operating by the time he's twelve. Seriously. I think the college class of 2029 will have the capacity commandeer all power and wealth in the world-- if they haven't already accomplished that as a senior project. In high school.

Can someone please quietly show me to the exit?

No comments:

Post a Comment