Thursday, July 5, 2012

Miss You



I miss writing in this spot each day. I have a million things to jot down. Unfortunately they all seem to be coming together at the same time. The same time as a million other things that have to get done.

This week we say adios to Phoenix; at least as home owners. It's not all bad. We bought at the right time and have actually made an old fashioned real estate profit in old fashioned real estate sales time. And, too, friends of mine like Larry can rest easy now that I won't be walking the streets of Phoenix anymore, out there where, some think, everyone carries a hand gun and you risk your life just landing at Sky Harbor. At least that's the take from one liberal Jewish guy from L.A.

As for me, I like Phoenix but don't love it. After this move we will probably resume our treks to Palm Springs. Certainly there is better deli in Palm Springs. And I can walk virtually anywhere I want to go and no one seems to have that bulge on their hip. And if I want to drive out in the desert and watch the sun come up, the mountains change color, a coyote take a stroll, and a train go by, I can do that as well and in just a few minutes. Phoenix is nice but it's too much like Orange County, if you know what I mean. That said, not many places do sun-up and sundown like Arizona. And the people we've met have been fabulous and friendly.

But, when that's all done, as my Mother would say: Ask me what's next. Summer's a busy time of year but this one's been ridiculous-- where's the guy with the truck for our car?? And the security people  just called to let us know the power is out in our Michigan house. Where's my personal assistant?? Where's the live-in help when you need them??? Blog? What blog??

No comments:

Post a Comment