Sunday, July 29, 2012

Morning After



Did you ever have a party at your parents' house while they were away? I did, maybe twice. The issue was always pulling it off without a.) destroying anything permanent or precious and b.) not getting caught. Like the time we came home and found beer caps under the furniture after having left my daughter with a sitter at the house overnight. So much for being 7th Day Adventist.

I never did really get caught. The one time I recall my brother and I explained to our parents we just had a couple of girls over for dinner. We left out the part about drinking. A lot. Or dancing and loud music until god knows when. We were already adults, anyway, like 16 or something.

That was then. Now it's far more serious. Tam and Ev have been gone for 3 days and they'll be home for dinner. In the meantime I have created a mess that extends from the office to the kitchen. It's not beer caps and Dorito wrappers.

For the past 3 days I have been trying to collect, scan, and organize every last slide and photograph I have of relatives past and present. Our Jumbotron-worthy family reunion starts in one week and I decided about 4 days ago a slide show on the computer would be a really cool idea. So, I've been staying up late and making a mess.

The job? Almost done. The mess? I figure I've got about 8 hours.  There's a Coke can or two but at least I don't have to shag any beer caps.

1 comment: