Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Skinned Knees



Not every every memory of youth is sentimental and dearly missed with the march of time. I can think of 2 down right crash in the street & falls where I've skinned my knee since the age of 14. About 3 years ago I fell crossing a busy street in Chicago-- running in flip-flops with Evan in my arms. I landed-- briefly-- in the middle of traffic but did not drop the boy. I got a smart award for that one. The other occurred Sunday while running home with the new puppy-dog on his leash.

Somehow, running up the road I dropped his leash. Immediately I thought I had better step on the trailing leash rather than let the little guy run on up the road loose. So, I stepped on the leash which a.) stopped the dog in a instant-- much to his great displeasure-- and b.) promptly tripped over the stopped canine and sent my buns sprawling, hands out and knees first.

As will happen at such times one immediately gets back to one's feet and insures that no one saw the fall.  Then, in my case, you continue after the dog who has simply jogged on home to the back door. Smart. Smarter than me.

At least I've passed this most recent bone density test. A skinned knee, a sore wrist, but no broken bones. Let's see, did someone say I was a sucker for getting this dog in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment