Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tick Tock, Birthday Clock



I'm going to have a birthday in a few days. I am reminded of this today not because of any big plans to celebrate. I'm not reminded because I received the world's sweetest birthday card in the mail--  hand written and hand addressed by my 5 year-old son. Nor am I reminded because my cousin sent me a package containing some of the world's best chocolate turtles this side of the ones her late mother used to make. No, I'm not even thinking of this sitting here at my laptop seeing the birthday cards that have started to arrive. No, I'm thinking of this because it's March and we've already launched into daylight savings time. And I'm thinking of this because February has only 28 days.

You see, (pun intended-- you'll see. [ouch!]) because it's daylight savings, I just noticed I have to reset the watch I put on this morning. And, because February has just 28 days, I thought I had to reset the date. And because my eyes are now just a few days from initiating the journey into their 57th year of existence, I can't read the frickin' little number in the date window to see if I've set the damn thing correctly-- or even needed to in the first place! Well, happy effen' birthday to me already!

If you're still searching for a gift idea I'm thinking a pocket-size magnifying glass might come in handy. That or a watch without a date window.

1 comment:

  1. Happy b'day in advance. I can't see for ka-ka, either. A hand-made card in the mail? How sweet is that?

    ReplyDelete