Saturday, March 9, 2013

Eat At Your Own Risk



Here's the kind of story to make you feel better about even the worst dinner you've ever served. Here's a story to make you feel better about even the worst evening's entertainment to which you've ever played host: Noma,"the world's best restaurant" has been cited by authorities in Denmark after 67 of their diners came down with a norovirus after eating there.  And the place has only twelve seats! No way you've ever screwed up that bad. It just goes to show you good hygiene is priceless. And, too, just because it's exclusive doesn't mean it's good.

If I ever have the time, money, energy, and opportunity to open a restaurant it's going to be a personal little space like Noma. But my restaurant will feature mostly breakfast foods-- traditional home cooked comfort food I know how to reliably create like pancakes, waffles, french toast, eggs, with a burger and a few sandwiches thrown in for my daughter who, to this day, doesn't have much of an appetite for traditional breakfast fare. And, for those special occasions, an occasional kugel or Blintz casserole thrown in for good measure, providing I can import my friend Carol for a weekend.

Whatever my restaurant ends up serving, just to be safe, I'm going to call it Noro. That way no one can say I didn't warn 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment