Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Resolution #1



My wife, along with millions of other Americans, got an iPad for Christmas. My previous estimate that there were 2273 American adults that did not receive iPads this holiday season has been revised. It now appears the actual number of adult Americans who did not receive an iPad this holiday season is closer to 78. 78. And I'm one of them. Suddenly a MacBook just ain't good enough anymore. Of course, my laptop can't take pictures of anything other than the mug in front of the screen which, in my case, is a good thing. See photo above. Then read on.

My wife, in her enthusiasm for her new iPad and its versatile little camera, has discovered the efficiency in taking a photo of things, like a recipe, in an effort to collect and organize "personal data.".  I, in my unflagging enthusiasm for being the resourceful helpmate, offered to assist her in capturing an image of her soon to be famous Chicken and Dumpling recipe. I, the man who provided her with that spectacular technical tablet. I, the man who guided her along the many treacherous steps to the culinary success to be had in the simple combining of chicken and Bisquick. For my efforts? Documentation of a fabulous recipe and a photo that inadvertently illustrates my need to accept, pursue, and complete resolution #1 for 2012: Lose that f'in waterfall of a double chin, man! Holy crap! One can try to photoshop it away but that really doesn't help. I'm afraid it's time to face the music and do the work.

My problem can't be blamed on any fancy schmancy iPad. No. My problem requires I take a long hard look in the mirror, stop distracting myself with toys and gadgets and admit that, what I need is not an iPad of my own. It's plastics! I'm afraid nothing less can restore the plateau that should be found between my dimple and my neck. That's it. Problem number one, numero uno, for 2012. That gives me just 4 more days to knock off the rest of the pumpkin pie, the ginger cookies, the shortbread, the peppermint ice cream.......

No comments:

Post a Comment