Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Last Call



We are now entering the last week of 2011. It's as good a time as any to take inventory of all the things you wanted to do and didn't. More important, it's time to think about those few things left undone that you still have time to complete.

For me, I feel good about having completed many of the things I had on my to do list for 2011. There are a few for which I have little hope: My office here at home remains a mess and holds little possibility of being sorted out this week. Very little possibility. And I am beginning to feel fairly certain I am not going to get a holiday card out before the 31st. I do think I will be able to attack both and salvage my shortcomings, though, sometime in the next few weeks. Sitting here last night watching The Polar Express with Evan for the 3rd or 4th time this season, however, I suddenly realized one project that I definitely want done this week before the 31st: Charitable giving.

I have several groups and a couple of schools I donate to each year. Times are challenging for both donors and recipients. Many groups and projects are becoming more and more dependent on those of us who are willing and able to donate. So, for those of us who can, please do. And, if you can't, as the old song goes, "and if you haven't got a ha'penny, then God bless you."

1 comment:

  1. Nicely said, as usual. I wrote about my resolutions today too, none of which were noble, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete