Saturday, December 31, 2011

Let's Talk About It Later


Funny how the year end motivates so many of us to assess our lives. We try to take a look at what's transpired in the previous 12 months and, many times, resolve to make changes. As if duty bound we make a plan for the next twelve months.

Personally, I have flirted with resolutions often enough that I don't even give the topic any serious consideration. If I were one for resolutions and life planning I would think I might find greater success if I launched my plan in the spring, a time of growth and renewal. Living where I do it seems tough to give serious consideration to initiating plans to start anew as you find yourself settling into the long dark cold winter. It's more like, let's roll over and go back to sleep. We'll talk about it in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment