Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Bit of a Hurry



Fall is the most beautiful time of the year. It comes, it glows, it usually doesn't raise havoc with roadways or rooftops. It doesn't usually create medical emergencies or environmental hazards. It beckons a wardrobe change (all the cool stuff: sweaters and flannels and sturdy corduroy trousers). It does require yard work, at least in these parts. But, most of all, it's a technicolor feast for the eyes.

This year, however, it seems to be showing up a bit early. Maybe it's a sign of my age but it just seems it shouldn't be looking like this quite yet. I don't mind the change but, like a date that moves too fast, it's great but I fear it will be over too soon and then: Done and gone.

For now I'll take a few pictures and enjoy the show. I just hope we can keep it join' for more than a weekend or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment