Friday, March 9, 2012

Marital Genetics



Well I think Ev is comfortably back home in Michigan. Departing out of Phoenix the other day he, once again, dropped his little head and said he wanted to stay in Arizona. Once again he told his Mom and me how it's just too cold in Michigan.

Monday was the real test. We woke up to a (beautiful) dusting of snow, the light powdery kind one can sweep away with the single swipe of a broom. With that meteorological welcome he was back at school with all his old pals here in Michigan. I left early that morning for surgery so I wasn't here to see him off. But, I'm happy to report, I was here to see him come home that afternoon. The door opened and he sailed into the house. Not only was he glad to be back with all his old friends who had really missed him, he was even more excited to be reunited with his current flame, Brenna--  more excited still to tell us he was going to marry her!

Glad as I am to see him re-acclimate to life in wintry Michigan, to say I have mixed feelings on that last issue is an understatement. I have enough marital experience to make me worry and wonder: Is this inclination of his in anyway genetic? If so, he's in trouble. Given his dad's track record, I figure if he were to start any time soon he could end up making 6 to 8 trips down the aisle by the time he reaches my age!

1 comment: