Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday



Monday morning.  When will Monday morning ever stop hurting? Where did the weekend go?

Monday morning is when I wake up and realize just how poorly I've managed my time in the last 48 hours. This is when I wake up to my alarm wishing I had slept more over the last two days when time permitted such frivolity. This is when, just before I drag my butt out of bed, I take a few moments and ask myself why I did what I did instead of what I should have done, like hang the pictures in Ev's room, or any one of a half-dozen other projects that need to get done, always get relegated to the weekend, and somehow never get addressed. This is when I ask myself: to what degree could I modify my standard of living so as to retire in the next few weeks?

I'm not sure that retirement helps. Even with no particular agenda I still think Monday morning is going to be that punctuation mark in the week that makes you pause and evaluate how well you've used your time in the last few days. Maybe so. But if I'm retired I would hope I could at least kick my noisy conscience out of bed and get back to sleep on a Monday morning.

It's a moot point for now. Time to get to work. Five more days and I'll have another go at time management. Have a good Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment