Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fashion Flashback

One of the great things about having a little guy is getting all that great little guy clothes. One of the difficult things about having a little guy is all that great clothes he gets to wear and I don't. So many of his outfits are A.) Super cool and B.) remind me of just how many articles of clothing are now so far, far removed from anything I will ever wear again.

Case in point: A whole shipment of overalls just arrived from Oshkosh B'Gosh. Evan was planning on being a miner for Halloween. He seems to be waffling on his Halloween decision but the overalls are here to stay.

So, you ask, overalls? Overalls were on the menu? Yes. Where were you in 1975? (Don't answer that!) It doesn't seem so long ago my friend Danny used to strut around in his overalls, bare feet, sans shirt. How cool was that? I had mine, too. Hickory stripes. Needless to say those days are long gone. If I wore overalls today I'd be looking like a contestant in a Mr. Green Jeans contest. I wouldn't even pass for a tradesman.

But the kid? He's definitely got it goin' on. Check 'm out:

1 comment:

  1. i still want to wear the one piece pjs with the feet. that is what i miss most, but i too had plenty o'pair of overalls.

    ReplyDelete