Friday, July 15, 2011

Day Care Paybacks

This week in Phoenix my wife and I have been scouting day care facilities for Evan.  He is a preschool regular at home in Michigan.  He loves having a few hours every day to hang out with other kids and has a good time playing with others.  So, we wanted to find a similar place here in Arizona that he would enjoy, be well taken care of, and look forward to visiting on return.

Yesterday we looked at a couple more places.  Tam and I are pretty picky. We don't know for sure what we're looking for but, for sure, we recognize what we don't. As we left the one program housed in a beautiful old church school we both commented on the fact that facility looked a bit neglected.  The classrooms were messy beyond what we'd expect for a room full of 4 year olds. The staff was not particularly well kempt. And the little miniature grade school version of a bathroom was messy. Cute, but messy.

As we left I was struck with a somewhat unsettling thought:  God, I hope he spends as much time and effort investigating my "daycare" some day. Especially since he may be shopping residential facilities.  Yikes. I guess I can only hope it's true:  What goes around, comes around. Meanwhile, we'll keep looking.

1 comment:

  1. Start throwing "elder care" into the conversation. Important to plant the seed early.

    ReplyDelete