Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Trouble With Toothplace

Whatever happened to plain old Crest??


I'm walking around this morning with a used-up tube of toothpaste in my pocket. I seriously hope I remember to remove it prior to heading to work but, for now, I need it. God help me, I can't send this thing into the trash until I carefully write down what it is I'm throwing away.

I went to the local big grocer/pharmacy Wal-Mart competitor and thought that, while I was there, I'd pick up a new tube of toothpaste. It's on the list-- I'll pick it up. All the other shopping complete I just zipped over to the "Oral Care" aisle and.....stopped cold.

Does it have to be a sign of aging that I have trouble buying toothpaste? I mean, am I that far gone? How many types of Crest toothpaste do we really need in this world. Should reducing the number of toothpaste choices be rolled into the Accountable Care Act?  How many blue boxes should be allowed? Whitening, Extra-Whitening, Triple Protection-- what ever happened to that white box with the red triangle on it? Noticing that my ice cream was starting to drip through the slats in my basket I grabbed a box that looked like the one I'd just thrown out at home.

No such luck. I was wrong by a factor of 1 whitening power.

Next time I'll be prepared. The tube is in my pocket and I'm going to write it down. Next time I'll pull out my list and on that list will be the name-- the exact name-- of the toothpaste I'm replacing. Providing, of course, I remember to take the list.


1 comment:

  1. Too many tooth choices. At least you're not trying to buy denture cream.

    ReplyDelete