Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Skateistan



I happened across this video today while reading about a recent suicide bombing in Kabul, Afghanistan. Of the dead, six were children and, of those, four were from the Skateistan skate park.

This short documentary is beautiful and so incredibly illustrates the insanity of war. At the same time it illustrates so incredibly the fire, the unconditional optimism, that is so much a part of youth, so much the resource we need to understand and promote. Watch this and ask yourself why. Why must we continue to insist on destroying our own? Why do children go to bed hungry? As for me-- I think I know the answers to these questions. And I may be more disgusted by the answers than I am by the consequences.

It's a great short film. I hope you watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment