Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Toy Box


Shoe hound that I am, I love this old pair of boots. They are what members of my family would have referred to as "clod-hoppers" back in the day. And they are.

These babies a are made by Whites Boots of Spokane, Washington. Hand made in the US of A. They claim that they'll last a lifetime if properly cared for. So far I'm convinced-- especially since I don't get to wear them that often. They're great for photo excursions and for wear in the dirt and grime but not so good for the clinic or OR. These boots are built like indstrial equipment with heavy leather, soft in the right places and tough where needed. The soles are ready for ranch life or logging.

As it turns out they are also built for storage. I was unaware of this handy feature and, once again, have had my eyes opened by the resourcefulness of my 4 year old. As you can see from the photo below, each boot is suitable for providing storage for up to a dozen small vehicles in a well protected and portable housing. It's an expensive toy box but it should last a lifetime. It does require a black-box warning label:

"Caution: Use care when emptying. Ensure complete removal of all contents prior to proceeding with use as footwear. Failing to do so can lead to small parts being suddenly jammed into sensitive areas of the foot causing direct injury or falls resulting in death or injury."



1 comment: