Saturday, February 11, 2012

No Apologies



I went and picked up one of those "days of the week" pill boxes last week. Actually, Tam picked it up because she knew I wanted one. I was tired of standing there looking at my Crestor bottle and asking myself, "Did I already take one today?" So, bless her heart, she picked one up for me while out running errands.

The thing is great. It may be an "old person thing" but I can hide it in the privacy of my medicine drawer at home. It's not like those loopy strands one uses to secure their glasses to their necks, those beaded strands that say, "Yep. I'd forget my head if it weren't attached to my neck! Yuk, yuk." And since I've started using it there is no more guess work. The only problem I've encountered is with Tam.  She has gone ahead and stuffed all her vitamin and calcium in along side my little Crestor pill making it a wee bit difficult to retrieve my pill without dumping the whole contents.

The little boxes have proved so useful I'm considering expanding the concept: I'm thinking about creating "days of the week" activity boxes. I envision a five foot by one foot cubby to sit on top of my kitchen bookcase. Each day would have its own compartment and a hinged lid with the day of the week, Monday through Friday. (Sorry. You're on your own for the weekend.) Every morning you just simply open the lid and there's your to do list. Maybe a pink slip that says "doctor at 10." Or a picture of an airplane that says, "Delta flight 1211, 5:30PM." Presto! No more annoying phone calendars and reminders. No. Everyday a concrete reminder of what's to be done that day.  All those sticky notes and scraps of paper like, "exterminator-- thursday 10" would no longer clutter your counter tops. No siree. They all get placed in their proper box. Just open the lid and get to work.

I know. Sheer genius. But don't even think about it. It's my idea. I've already got the call in to Ronco.

1 comment:

  1. This is genius!!!! I want to pre-order a box full of blog ideas. Get busy!

    ReplyDelete