Monday, November 14, 2011

Four Amigos

Sometimes the best made plans turn out better than imagined. This weekend is a case in point.

Owing to a fundraiser I try to attend each year, I had the opportunity to introduce my little guy to Disneyland. That has been fabulous experience and a story to be told another time. The other thing that took place was a reunion I had with three old friends. It's great when you find yourself sitting and talking with people you once knew well (as a kidlet- we're talking grade-school here) and realize that you still like them. Not only is it fun, it's kind of a real confidence builder to find your personal judgement in friends has withstood the test of time.

I think as a person moves through life you can count yourself among the fortunate if you have your health. If your children are growing and showing the ability to think for themselves and care for themselves and others, your are also very fortunate. Likewise, if you have succeeded at meeting and making more friends than enemies in your busy life, you have done well. To all of that I would add being able to cherish and find joy in the oldest of one's friends is also one of life's great pleasures.

You can't live in the past but I'm always glad to discover it's not a bad place to visit. Better yet, it's great to find out the cast of characters play just as well in the present as they did in the past. For now I'm home and back to business as usual. It promises to be a busy week and I'm happy to have the joy of old friendships rekindled to keep me company.

1 comment: