Saturday, August 13, 2011

Murse or Fanny Pack

I got new glasses today.  It's bad enough my eyes going geri-dim in my fifties-- worse still not having optical insurance.  And, as I've mentioned previously, God forbid my glasses have tell-tale lines in the lenses.  No, I need progressives.  Ultralight and scratch resistant at that.  Sure, tag on the protection plan.

After getting home from the local LensCrafters I have to say, these babies are fabulous. One for work and one pair for play, it's like I can almost see through things, my corrected vision is so good. And, forgive me, but I myself am a vision to behold in my new specs.

Big weekend: I also upgraded to the iPhone 4. I know the 5 is alleged to be just weeks away but, hey, my other iPhone was second generation. They wanted to keep it for the tech collection at the Apple Store.  I'm happy. I still just use it primarily to answer and make calls but I'm ready for whatever techno space hurls my way or asks me to produce.

The problem now is what to do with all my stuff.  The trip I just took to the grocery store was cumbersome. Both front pockets of my pants were bulging:  The million dollar glasses in their hard-as-a-turtle-shell protective case, wallet, shopping list (okay..but it gets crunched up), the car keys, and my new phone in its non-skid protective case.  A guy needs cargo pants to accommodate such a collection of paraphernalia and I am not going there.

So, what to do?  Murse or fanny pack?  Who's to say a guy can't have fun with accessories.  Perhaps it's the start of a whole new chapter; a fashion frontier waiting for the winning ways of my fine tuned sense of style.
                                                          

                                                                 This?

Or this?



No comments:

Post a Comment