Monday, August 8, 2011

Fondue

It's great to have a restful weekend. Seven or eight hours sleep each night.  Ride the bikes, get some overdue errands done. But too much of a good thing makes for bad outcomes.

I've been up since 3:20AM.  I went to bed at 11:30 and I've been up pretty much since 3:20.  And what do I wake to?  Thoughts of letters that need to be written, work I have to do this week, and fondue.

You know you are over-rested when you find yourself lying awake in bed at 3:20 in the morning wondering if you have a fondue pot. And what kind of cheese is it one uses to make that really good white wine infused creamy cheesy fondue?  Gruyere? And, if I have a fondue pot, do I have those long forks that go with?  Are the handles wooden or those brightly colored ceramic numbers that were popular in the late 60's?  Or were those just the tips of the forks that had a dab of color? I know the local bakery can supply the whole loaf bread I can use to cut into cubes.  Do you leave the crust on or trim away all crust?

As the week gets underway I know I'll get less sleep and stay asleep as a result. But for now, after work I'm going to the market.  We're having fondue tonight, pot or no pot. Hmmmm...Chardonnay or Chablis?


No comments:

Post a Comment