Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Vacation Lag

Vacation is another three!


Okay, so it's day two back from a trip to sunny Florida. We thought we were being so smart staying in our own time zone for a change. Arizona and California are great escapes but, one a three day, the time change tends to hit a person pretty hard for a few days. Shorter flight, no time change, how great is that? Sunshine State, here we come!

So here I am on day two post getaway, still draggin' tail. Yesterday, first day back, was good until about 2PM. By the time I was home at 2:30 I was heading for the couch. And the alarm going off this morning sure seemed for all the world to be going off on Pacific Standard Time.

I'm pretty sure I'm just suffering the ill-effects of vacation. I warn people about this. Vacations don't rest and reinvigorate real working people. Not at all. They simply tease a person with a taste of what is not. Getting up every day and heading out to the beach/pool/slopes is just a rotten little distraction, a trick. Within days you're back home again. At work. Looking at the same faces. Playing catch-up for everything you pretended didn't exist for the last few days or weeks.

Tam always gives me heck about not taking time off in blocks of one or two weeks at a time. And to that I say, why? It's just more work when I get back. Now that I'm beginning to think the change in time zone doesn't really matter either, perhaps for my next vacation I'll just check into the nearest Motel 6, draw the heavy curtains, and stay in bed for a couple days. Better yet, maybe I'll just stay in my own cozy bed for a couple of days and shut the bedroom door.

No comments:

Post a Comment