Monday, January 7, 2013

Calling All Resolutions



January 7. One week into 2013 and already we're faced with our first Monday. Which year, which decade, which millennium is the one that starts off with a January void of Mondays? Here in my neck of the woods it's cold and dark outside, certainly not the set of spark plugs one needs to get up and get started in the work week.

The good news for me is that I've been on call since the 31st. So, for me, this is like a whole new beginning. Tonight when I come home I can have dinner, stay home, and leave my beeper in my sock drawer.

Which brings me to this point: If you've managed to fall off your resolution wagon within the course of this first week of January consider today your starting point, not your finish line. It's the first Monday, of the first full week, of the first month, of the new year. That should be encouragement enough to climb back in the saddle and keep on down the trail to personal success. (Although, personally, I'm not one for resolutions. I'm just not that kind of risk taker.)

1 comment: