Thursday, September 15, 2011

Breaking News

I love to hate that expression, Breaking News. When news vendors splash those two words in bold on the screen they are usually offering neither news or anything of critical import. It's expedient, however, and certainly beats a bolded subtitle that states: Please Don't Touch That Dial. Our Ratings Depend On You! The latter is far too servile for the mega media outlets that rule the airwaves. And too honest, at that.  After all, not everyone believes the primary reason for televised news is to sell stuff. There are those who still believe the several televised news formats are to provide, well, news. Cute to think, huh?

I'm usurping that tag line.  I'm planting my flag while at the same time I'm probably jumping someone else's claim. In fact I know I am because there is a web site breakingnews.com. But mine is better.  That's it!: betterbreakingnews.com. For now, in this venue, (Not) Breaking News will have to suffice.  It's here that I will give my unsolicited, please consult your personal medical professional; the opinions expressed are those of the author and not endorsed by any medical society, hospital, or Mid Michigan Orthopedics; please check with your doctor before trying,taking or stopping; the information contained herein is intended as an opinion for entertainment value only; this column does not constitute the establishment of a doctor-patient relationship; not all advice is intended or right for all individuals; always use caution when following unsolicited advice from blabbering professionals, orthopedic insights.

So, in the words of the immortal Paul Harvey:  Stand by for News!

1 comment: