Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Lucky and Dumb



You ever have one of those days? One of those days when you find yourself testing yourself? Your sanity. Your strength. Your memory? Your luck? The other day I tested out on 3 of the 4. Actually we can include strength as well, considering I took the garbage out to the curb.

That's where it started. I had done my weekly routine, garbage out at the curb by 6:45. Then, as I went to get in the car, I decided I needed to take one more small bag out to the bin before pick-up. So I set my iPad and sunglasses down, took the bag out, hopped in the car, and set off to work. Rounds at the hospital, an hour and a half meeting with the CEO, and then to the office for clinic and only 20 minutes late! Everything's good.

Then at noon, my partner Joe walks in, iPad in hand and asks, "Hey, buddy, is this your iPad?"  He'd found it right where I'd left it: on the roof of the car just 4 hours and 2 miles ago. Unfortunately, the sunglasses were no longer on the roof of the car. They were on the trunk of the car where they had slid to safety.

Lucky and dumb. It's not always so easy to be both

No comments:

Post a Comment