Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Getting It Right



Eight years ago, on the night of October 14th, I went to one of the best parties I've ever attended. It was small for a big party, but a big party it was, at a small old desert getaway hotel. It was family and friends, some of whom I haven't seen since. Some of whom I never will see again. But that warm night, under the full moon and stars of the night-time desert sky, we ate, and drank, and listened to Bandidos de Amor and their guitar driven "California Rumba," playing and singing beside the pool. Loud voices and laughter, dancing, margaritas, and superb Mexican food served up by a French chef and his staff of Mexican cooks. What a night. And we had the place to ourselves so we partied til the wee hours. And then, the next day, I got up and got married.

It seems that too often it's the bad decisions I remember. The opportunity missed, the responsibility dismissed, the box instead of the curtain. But that time I got it right. And, 8 years later, it's still right.


No comments:

Post a Comment