Saturday, February 21, 2015

So That's How That Works



Sometimes a person has the craziest dreams and all you can do is wonder: Where did that come from???

I woke up this morning to that very thought and then realized: So that's where that comes from!  It's like  math-- sometimes if you just back up and work through a few really easy problems, pretty soon you understand the concept and, voila!, math genius in the making.

So I'm lying in bed this morning thinking about this dream I had, crossing rivers, looking at property on a lake. Suddenly I come to a wooded area. In a clearing there is a large fallen log from which a large population of squirrels starts to exit. And all of a sudden, scene change, I'm watching this on TV with Evan. And as the squirrels emerge from their winter lodging, they begin to pair up and, in the best Animal Planet fashion, we are provided with a close-up of their mating. Suddenly, and quite uncomfortably, I'm watching a squirrel couple stand on their haunches, face to face, grasp each other with their little squirrel paws, kiss on the mouth, and, well, let's just say it goes on from there with little squirrel protuberances searching for little squirrel hollows. And there I am on a sofa with Evan, watching this, getting very uncomfortable and wondering to myself: Should I change the channel? Turn it off? Or let the show play out and not act like it's any big deal? And then I wake up.

It didn't take long to recall a conversation from two days prior when one of the women in my office was recollecting her husband's coming of age talk with her son. I remember thinking at the time that was kind of weird. I couldn't really put myself in that position.

Now, thanks to a randy NC-17 squirrel dream, I can totally put myself in that position. I get it. That is how those crazy dreams work. Can't wait for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment